This page contains the latest information regarding Mevo's service in the evolving context of New Zealand's national lockdown at Alert Level 4. You can read more about the COVID-19 Alert Level system here.
This page was last updated at 4:00pm on the 3rd April, 2020.
The latest written guidance Mevo has received does NOT classify Mevo as an essential service during a period of COVID-19 Alert Level 4 (except for use by essential services workers).
As such, no vehicles will be available in the app for any periods where Wellington is at Alert Level 4.
If you are an essential services worker and need to use Mevo, you can message us in-app or online to arrange your access.
What this means in the lead-up to a period of Alert Level 4:
- Cars will begin to disappear from the app in the lead up to the deadline as we bring the fleet offline.
- If you’re on a trip in the lead-up to the deadline, you can continue to use the vehicle as normal throughout the Alert Level 4 period.
If the Alert Level is still 4 when your trip ends, we will take the vehicle offline.
What this means for any period of Alert Level 4:
- No vehicles will be available in the Mevo App.
- We will have reduced support levels:
- Chat support will operate from 9am - 5pm during business days. Response times may be increased.
- Emergency phone support monitoring will be decreased.
- We will not be accepting new account registrations or approving member accounts.
What this means after a period of Alert Level 4:
- Cars will begin to re-appear in the app as we bring the fleet back online.
- The service will begin to resume operating normally.
- As long as there is any active COVID-19 Alert Level (1-3), we will continue our COVID-19 precautions outlined here.
If you will be heavily inconvenienced by this, and will have to switch to using higher-contact forms of transportation (Uber, Taxi, Public Transport, etc) for essential travel, please get in touch and let us know. The Government has been flexible throughout this time, and we plan to continue working with them based on your feedback to provide essential service to those who need it.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions or feedback on this.