With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, Mevo has followed the Ministry of Health's guidelines regarding preventative measures to help protect the safety and wellbeing of members who use our vehicles while operating at Levels 1-3 of the COVID-19 Alert Level Framework.
What we are doing
We supplied all our vehicles with:
- Isopropyl alcohol wipes found in the centre console for cleansing surfaces.
- A disposal bag for the wipes. We encourage members to take the disposal bag with them at the end of their trip.
We added extra precautionary measures to our vehicle cleaning procedures to thoroughly wipe down all commonly touched surfaces with alcohol wipes. These surfaces include the steering wheel, indicators and wipers, light switches, seat adjusters, gear shift levers, seat belts, centre console interior switches, and all interior and exterior door handles.
Additionally, we are regularly employing Germicidal UVC technology to disinfect our vehicles, and have trained our team in the safe and effective use of this technology. You can read more about UVC and its use at Mevo here.
We introduced the above measures to be performed every time a vehicle is attended - not just at its scheduled cleaning interval. Timelines will vary per vehicle but between relocating, refuelling/charging, and regular cleaning, available vehicles will be cleaned every day. This is in addition to any wiping down by our members during the normal use of the vehicles.
We suspended our participation in local events until we feel it’s safe to go back to regular scheduling – so you won’t see our brand ambassadors at markets, events, and community gatherings for a while.
What you can do to help
- You must let us know if you or any of your passenger(s) have become ill or have a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
We will ensure safety and contact tracing procedures are carried out.
- If you’re sick, please stay at home.
- If you or someone you’ve been in touch with has recently returned from international travel or is exhibiting symptoms, please refrain from using Mevo.
- If you’re driving a Mevo, please use the supplied wipes in the centre console and wipe down surfaces before and after you use them.
- Please take your garbage, including any wipes or tissues, with you as to not put others at risk.
We continue to monitor the situation and our team is available 24/7 to support public health authorities in their response. Working with them, we may temporarily suspend the accounts of members confirmed to have contracted or been exposed to COVID‑19. We will take any vehicle offline for extensive cleaning should we become aware that it has been exposed to persons who have been exposed to COVID-19.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or feedback regarding the COVID-19 virus.